Saturday, March 2, 2013

I've written a poem for you

I ‘ve written a poem for you. Would ya like to see it? But Its not a regular rhyme Or a cheesy ballad It is only the underdone flickerings within me Yes the ones that I got while talking shit to you You know when I was comfortable just yapping shit. That. Would you be interested at all? Because I have no words of admiration The ones which squeeze themselves inadvertently While mentioning you Like when describing your lips or the high cheek bones Like mentioning the squeak in your voice Like narrating your petit nose Rather, all I wrote was how shitty I am All I spoke was the decisions I made All the fickle that my brain brewed All the holy blunders I executed with panache All the text that I could use to self-loath But didn’t you make all that so worthwhile I mean didn’t you smell like flawless Like when I hugged you on the sidewalk Like when we just yakked in the English pub round the corner With the signature green walls And the erratic paintings on them And orange faces inside guzzling beer And the hard accent but gentlemanly I quoted a Seinfeld joke on cleavage And didn’t you laugh like mad Then I guess you went calm for a bit not the awkward silence mind you, but where you knew you are not obliged to extend the conversation where you could just faff shit yes, and I faffed shit I guess I was funny enough That’s why you came over And after when you stood in my kitchen All high from the merlot And then you poked me With eyes wide and brimming And I shied Like I was a bastardly creation of his I should have held you strong I should have kissed you profusely Instead of writing a poem The words I write for you they do me no good I missed you entirely When you could have been there and in a jiffy I am also not kind of the audacious ones And with little guts and so laidback That I let it go. Now, I shudder when I talk about you I have not shuddered so much As if it were a scary movie I speak of As if I confronted my dead uncle alive Not because you were any horrendous Its because shying from the splendid you Was an ugly act And that is why I meander on Microsoft word Jotting words with quarter confidence. But the words have some affection Would you like give some heed Of course, you would find them cheesy But I found them out for you I give them in your face and unto you Your indifference kind of shoves them right up my ass

No comments: